Should I get a patent lawyer if I have an idea? 4 Answers as of June 15, 2011

I have an idea but I cant seem to find anyone to help me. I need a patent lawyer, or agency, that doesn't charge a lot of money. Thank you.

Intellectual Property Center, LLC
Intellectual Property Center, LLC | Ak Shaf
We are a patent law firm. We can assist you, but we also charge a fee for our services. What you think is a lot of money is unclear, but we would be happy to help you. Feel free to call or email our office to speak with a patent attorney. Thanks and good luck.
Devon & Associates
Devon & Associates | Marcia A. Devon
It is difficult to develop an invention, market it and obtain patent protection without money. The first step is to determine whether your concept is patentable. Most products sold are not patented. I recommend that you contact a licensed patent attorney or patent agent [not an attorney, but licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office] and discuss patent novelty searching with them to determine whether your design might be patentable.
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Sorry all the patent lawyers I know are expensive. Expect about $10,000 to get the entire patent (all costs across the next 3 years).
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Ideas are a dime a dozen. Patents cover ideas that have been transformed into viable inventions. You need to either make the product and show that it works, and/or at least write in great detail how you would do so. Then you need to fund the patent drafting and application process (either yourself or by attracting investors). Patents are expensive to get.