Should I get a lawyer after a slip and fall? 1 Answers as of March 08, 2011

At Ramada back in Feb. 2010 I slipped and fell. The ins. co. contacted me an told me they would pay my hospital bills. They put a spending cap on my hospital bills of $5000. But they dont feel they owe me for any liability. Do i have a good enough case? Should I get a attorney?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC | Lacy Fields
If they already paid you the full $5,000 for medical, or covered all of your medical expenses, it will depend on whether you are still having any problems. You can go after them for the following costs ("damages"): mileage reimbursement to and from appointments, lost wages from having to miss work, prescription costs, pain and suffering, and any permanent scarring/disability. If you have any of those damages, you should probably contact an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 3/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: