Should I file a motion if debtor's still contacting me? 9 Answers as of July 10, 2013

How many times does a debtor have to contact me for me I decide to contact an attorney to file a complaint against him?

Breckenridge and Walton
Breckenridge and Walton | Alan D. Walton
I file motions to find creditors in contempt about once a month. My fees are paid by the creditor as part of the penalty for their contempt.
If there is a discharge in bankruptcy it is illegal to continue collections. If the creditor does not stop you can file a lawsuit for damages.
Law Office of Maureen O' Malley
Law Office of Maureen O' Malley | Maureen O'Malley
You should retain counsel now. And I hope you've kept good records of the creditor's contacts. They're all illegal.
That depends on how much it's bothering you and how certain you are the creditor was actually notified of your bankruptcy filing. Usually a simple letter from an attorney will suffice to get the harassment to stop.
Mercado & Hartung, PLLC | Christopher J. Mercado
Technically just once can be actionable. You need to have proof though.
    Jackson White, PC
    Jackson White, PC | Spencer Hale
    Once you file bankruptcy I would give creditors ONE warning about their obligation to cease collection practices. If they continue after their warning, I would contact an attorney.
    Bankruptcy Law Office of Robert Weed
    Bankruptcy Law Office of Robert Weed | Robert Weed
    If a creditor still bothers one of my clients after filing bankruptcy, we sue on the second contact. The first, if its a debt collector.
    You're the debtor. Who is contacting you? Your question makes no sense. If you're in bankruptcy you already should have a lawyer, and if creditors are still contacting you there is an excellent chance that you screwed up in some way that you do not realize. See a lawyer immediately.