Should I file for SSDI disability, and what would my chances of success be if I recently had a hip replacement? 1 Answers as of November 18, 2014

I have recently had a hip replacement surgery in my left hip due to a birth defect. Before and after the surgery, I have had strong pains in my left tibia bone. These pains have been occurring since childhood, and have been getting worse as I have been getting older. The surgery has not corrected this issue. I also have degenerative right hip as well and will need replacement in the near future. The jobs that I have worked at require walking and standing between eight to twelve hours a day, with lifting between 50 to 70 pounds at a time. These jobs also require that I reach, bend, stoop, and climb, all of which can put stress and pain on the left hip replacement/tibia and the degenerative right hip.

SS benefits are almost entirely based on what the doctor says about your inability to work, not what you say about it. contact a lawyer in your area who specializes in SS cases and talk frankly to your dr.