Should I file for divorce or should my husband? Why? 9 Answers as of June 03, 2015

I started the process of divorce with charges of adultery, but I am sure he wants to speed process up (because he is now engaged). He will probably try to get a "no fault" divorce since it is now legal. What would be more beneficial for me? Would it be better for me to get a divorce cause I have proof of adultery, or should I let go through the divorce process?

S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
If you have been living separate and apart during this time you might wish to file a claim for spousal support and, if you receive it, let him take the initiative to file for divorce. While the matter is pending you could then resolve the other issues such as alimony and division of the marital property.
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
Hey divorce today is a no-fault divorce. Adultery is no longer grounds for divorce because of no fault however it may be used in terms of division of property liabilities and assets and debts. Good luck.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
Sorry but adultery is not relevant in divorce in California. If either of you want a divorce, your paper work will simply day "irreconcilable differences". All divorces in California take at least 6 months from the date the other side is served with papers.
You will have to go through the divorce proceeding. His adultery may well be a factor.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
California is a no fault state and adultery is not an issue. Either one can file.
    David A. Browde, P.C.
    David A. Browde, P.C. | David Browde
    The grounds for the divorce is rarely relevant to anything - the economic distribution only is altered if there are very unusual circumstances.
    James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
    James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
    It is apparent that you need an attorney Michigan has a no-fault divorce law and his adultery does not matter much it may give you a slight advantage in property settlement negotiations.
    Proof of adultery is not a requirement to get a divorce in California. Due to the substantial length of the marriage, you should be entitled to significant property rights. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to assess your options.
    Petit & Dommershausen SC
    Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
    Wi is s no fault divorce state. The proof of adultery is not relevant in Wisconsin.