Should I file assault charges against the man who punched and grabbed me and smashed my car? 1 Answers as of November 17, 2014

I'm from NC, I was asked to visit a friend who lives 2 counties over. Upon arrival, I knocked on the door...no-one answered so I assumed that they were not home. As I was leaving, my friend came out of the house and said I should go. Things are not well. As I was heading back to my car, a man came at me with a steel pipe. Smashing my driver side of my windshield. Then punching me grabbing me. I was able to escape the situation and drove off. He smashed my passenger side of my windshield as I get into my car. This happened 2 counties over from where I live. Should I file or just let this situation go and avoid the area.

Was all this reported to the police at that time? If so, follow up with assault warrant. If not reported you might just want to let it go. Police may not want to get involved at this late date.