Should I divorce before he moves out of state? 5 Answers as of August 22, 2010

I just found out that my husband has been cheating with me for a long time with his so-called girlfriend. He wants to get separated and he wants to move to another state with his new girlfriend. He says that he will still pay my bills from the where he moves to. Do we have to get a divorce before he leaves the state? Or is there any way that we can maybe do it after?

It will be easier to at least file and serve him while he is still here. You can finalize the case after he moves but it will be much easier for you to serve him will he is here.
Halpern Law Offices
Halpern Law Offices | Daniel B. Halpern
Yes, you should divorce him before he moves out of California. Call me for more information.
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm | Aly Ebrahimzadeh
I would recommend divorcing before he leaves - and perhaps you can proceed through a less expensive and less time-consuming collaborative divorce, which I do help my clients pursue. You can contact my office for an initial consultation.