Should I disclose my traffic violations in my citizenship application? 5 Answers as of September 15, 2014

I have 2 traffic violations. The first was in 2004 or 2005 for vehicle inspection violation. I paid the court fee and cleared it. The second one was in 2006 or 2007 where I jumped the traffic light and got a camera ticket. I paid that online. On my N-400 application I did not mention any of these. I have my interview scheduled next week and one of my friends mentioned that I should have mentioned these in the application. Now I got my driving records from DMV , I also checked for the court disposition records. Both are clean. The DMV has no reference and the courts have no reference of the fees paid. I am not sure if I should disclose if asked specifically by the IO or proactively tell them because I have no proof whatsoever. Your advise is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
Traffic violations have no effect on your citizenship eligibility and USCIS does not care about them.
No, these are not criminal offenses that need to be reported on the naturalization application.
Penn Law
Penn Law | Gigi Penn
The form's instructions state that you do not have to disclose minor traffic tickets, which yours apparently are. You may mention them at the interview if you wish but they shouldn't affect your application.
You should tell them.
The Form N-400 specifically asks "Have you ever been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including any and all immigration officials or the U.S. Armed Forces) for any reason?" Your traffic violations constitute citations. You should have disclosed them on the Form N-400. You will need to proactively amend the answer when the interviewing officer is reviewing the Form with you. You will also need any and all records related to the citations.