Should I continue with questioning in a rape case? How? 5 Answers as of July 03, 2015

My fiance and I lived together with her juvenile delinquent 15 year old daughter. I have tried to be the disciplinary person as my fiance has a hard time getting her daughter to behave, stay out of trouble and go to school. Recently the daughter told her mother that I had sex with her three times which is not true. I feel the daughter is trying to get me out of the way so she can manipulate and push her mother around. She knows that she can not do it with me around. My fiance seems to believe her daughter that I would do such a thing and has contacted social services and they have called me to come in next week to speak with them and an investigator. Should I agree to go in and be interviewed and most likely questioned? I have heard so many nightmares about men being charged with rape by heresay of a minor.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Before you speak to anyone, you need to speak with an attorney. These are serious charges.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/3/2015
Ksicinski | Paul Ksicinski
Oh my you like getting a stick in the eye too? No, no, no do not go into speak to anyone without an attorney!!! They are seeking to charge you
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 7/1/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/30/2015
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You will be charged IF they have enough evidence with just her account of what happened, whether it is the truth or a lie. I would never advise a client to go and speak to the police. You can only hurt yourself. Too many clients went to speak to the police to avoid being arrested and solidified 10 or more years in prison.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/30/2015
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
What you are saying is not at all uncommon. I am currently handling a case with a similar fact pattern. My advice to you is to retain an attorney because these cases can be very complicated. You need to keep in mind that the investigator is NOT your friend. Based upon past experience, I found that many investigators have an agenda and that is not necessarily getting to the truth. An attorney will help you through this.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/30/2015
Click to View More Answers: