Should I contact the plaintiff attorney or is it too late if I have received the interrogatories letter after judgment against me? 7 Answers as of July 21, 2016

I want to pay this debt but can only do so in payments.

Yes. It cant hurt to try to set up a payment plan.
See an attorney about a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. You can have up to 5 years to pay, you may not need to pay it all, and there is no interest on the judgement (but there is a trustee fee). Every case is different so see a lawyer who is experienced in bankruptcy.
It is never too late to attempt a settlement, but your time is running out.
If the Plaintiff is willing to accept payments from you, it is a courtesy but would not excuse your obligation to answer interrogatories.
You have no choice but to reply to the interrogatories. However, you can still talk to the plaintiff's attorney about a payment arrangement.
    I wonder how opposing counsel could take judgment without having the interrogatories in hand. Did you miss a deadline? If the interrogatories show that the facts are significantly different from what opposing counsel presented to the Court, you could send him the answers to the interrogatories and ask him to reopen the case or you could reopen the case, if the facts in the answers create a real and serious doubt about the fairness of the judgment.
    Law Office of Michael Johnson
    Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
    Contact the attorney.