Should I change my F2B visa to a K3 or C3 visa? 2 Answers as of March 16, 2011

I have a visa application (F2B) filed by my mom in 2007. In July 2010, I met my BF in US. I again met him last February 2011 in US. I have a B2 visa until June 2012. I accompany my mom whenever she returns in US. I have been there 5x. Ones through my student visa. My BF intends to come here this year. We plan to get married but we have to know our options how I can join him in US soonest legally. Which is suitable for our situation the K3 or C3? Will it be automatically revoked my F2B visa application? Can i go in US with my B2 visa and marry there? I have a stable job here and knowing how hard to get a job in US, our option is open if I have to stay here in my country for a while after our marriage.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
One can have multiple visas. It is okay if you get K3 and have F2B. The problem with your case sounds like that your relationship with your boy friend does not seem to have been long, which is a red flag to USCIS. Remember the petitioner bears the burden to prove the marriage is bona fide. You should hire an attorney to review your case at least. If you are in Florida, you are welcome to contact us for assessment of your case. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/16/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Your questions have too many variables to be answered with an in-depth consultation, either in person or over the telephone. However, one issue is clearer, if you are petitioned as F2B (unmarried adult son/daughter of LPR) and you get married the petition is automatically revoked.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/16/2011
Click to View More Answers: