Should I attempt to sue my local post office? 2 Answers as of August 15, 2017

My sister used to live with me. When she moved out a year ago, she had her mail forwarded to her new home in another state. All of her mail is being forwarded to her new address. We have contacted our local post office more times than I can count and they cannot solve the issue. Meanwhile, my wife's credit score has plummeted due to late bills because she isn't getting them. The post office said that it's because their names are similar and the computer can't tell the difference. I don't know how else to get them to fix/resolve this.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
How about a detailed letter set to your local postmaster, certified mail, return receipt requested. Explain the problem calmly, and ask him or her to straighten it out. If that will not work (although I suspect it will), write the Inspector General of the USPS, whose address you can probably find online.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 8/15/2017
Mark G. Patricoski, P.C. | Mark G. Patricoski
No chance of success.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 8/14/2017
Click to View More Answers: