Should I apply for DACA if I have a DUI and I'm still on probation for it? 3 Answers as of April 16, 2015

I got a DUI in 2013, in addition to the DUI I had in my wallet a fake social security card that they found. I just got pulled over, with no accidents or speeding or anything and I was on my own. In addition to this the other record I have is for driving with out a license. I have never spoke with any probation officer or anyone (I was never required) but they gave me probation for 3 years for admitting guilty to the DUI, I completed all my community service and paid all my fines. I have several letters of recommendation from my high school and college teachers, I never graduated but I got my GED and even went to college for a little bit. Currently I'm 24 years old and when I came (with a tourist visa) back in 1997, I can prove with no problem that I've been here ever since with my school IDs and several diplomas or certificates of excellence I got at school. I'm currently working in a restaurant as a server/sommelier and have many certifications related to my career. They're asking me to travel abroad for some work related stuff and I need to know if I have a chance of getting DACA and an advance parole or else I will need to quit my job, please help me.

Currently, your DUI will make you ineligible for DACA.
I think you should but since this is of some importance to you, I suggest you get a lawyer to look into all this before you file. I think it will work out but then again, I don't know the thick of it.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
You need to consult with an attorney. A person with a felony conviction is disqualified, however there are very narrow exceptions.