Should I allow father's girlfriend to pick up my child for father's visitation? 3 Answers as of July 30, 2013

My son's father gets him for visitation one evening during the week. During that evening, the father is playing baseball the entire 2 hour visit. Meanwhile my son sits on the bleachers. My question is, he is asking if his girlfriend can pick up my son this week, take him to dinner, and bring son to field to watch the rest of his baseball game/practice. Do I have to give the child to the girlfriend, without father present till later in the evening? I do not know her driving, or her very well.

Peggy M. Raddatz
Peggy M. Raddatz | Peggy M. Raddatz
Unless you divorce papers say only the father can pick up your son yes he can designate a person to pick him up. You cannot tell your ex who can be around your son unless the person poses a serious endangerment to him.
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller | Jody A. Miller
No, I don't see any reason that you have to hand your son over to the girlfriend when the father is not present.
Woods, May & Matlock, PC
Woods, May & Matlock, PC | Robert J. Matlock
The typical order says a parent may have a "competent adult" do the driving. I suggest you read your order to see if that language is included.