Should an expunged felony show up on background checks? 1 Answers as of February 23, 2011

I am trying to obtain an Oklahoma liquor license and have an expunged felony from 8 yrs ago. Can this hinder me in obtaining a liquor license? Because for reasons unknown, this felony has shown up on a few simple background checks. Because it is being expunged, this should block it from public view correct?

Berlin Law Firm, PLLC
Berlin Law Firm, PLLC | Lee F. Berlin
From Public view, yes. So when you type your name into OSCN or OCIS nothing should show, not even a case number. However, when ABLE processes your request for a Liquor license it has access to the OSBI (Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation) information which may show your felony arrest and possibly case disposition from 8 years ago. What exactly the OSBI record shows will be unknown to you UNLESS you request a copy of your criminal history. It is available from OSBI for $15.00. Simply go to the OSBI website and download the form and send it in.