How do I restore my rights after being convicted of burglary? 1 Answers as of February 13, 2012

In 2002 I was convicted of burglary. Can I legally own a firearm? I live in Colorado now, can I purchase a firearm in Wyoming? If I cannot, how do I go about getting my rights back?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christopher G Humphrey PC | Christopher G Humphrey
See Statutes 7-13-1501&1502. they provide an avenue for expungement. You cannot be convicted of aggravated burglary. I believe you cannot have any new charges after that date and five years must pass from the end if your sentence or probation. Contact your nearest criminal defense attorney to discuss filing a petition to expunge your record or a pardon from the Govenor.
Answer Applies to: Wyoming
Replied: 2/13/2012
Click to View More Answers: