Question about the G-325A Application Form 4 Answers as of September 25, 2010

The G325-A Application for Biographic Information requests a file number to be entered. Where can I locate that info? Also, what is Alien Registration Number?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
The G-325A Application Form is the your Biographic Information form, which includes the File Number of your I-130 Petition, if your petitioner has already filed for you. It is found on your I-797 Notice of Action you received when you were notified your I-130 was received. However, you should have already filed a G-325 form when your petitioner filed. So, if you have not filed a petition yet, then you would have no file number, or an Alien Registration Number (A# number). An A# number is that given to an applicant for adjustment of status, the second step in an application for legal residency. If you want the assistance of an attorney on your behalf, by all means call or e-mail to set up an in-person or telephonic consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/24/2010
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
The file number is the alien number. If you never applied for an immigrant visa (I-130 or I-140) then you would not have a file number. Just leave it blank on the G-325A if you don't have an Alien Number (file number).
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/23/2010
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
If you are just applying for your green card (adjustment of status), you do not yet have the A# (alien registration number) so you can put down "none". As soon as you get your receipt notice from USCIS, you will have the A# assigned to you and you'll see it on that notice.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/22/2010
Click to View More Answers: