What can happen to me if I got pulled over with a suspended license? 3 Answers as of January 20, 2012

I got my license suspended for 30 days due to a DUI. I completed the 30 days and just went to court, I got all these fines and another extra 45 days of suspended license. Today I got pulled over and now I have another court date. What could happen?

Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
Driving while your license is suspended for OUI calls for a mandatory 60 days in jail. You should hire a lawyer to argue that while your license may have originally been suspended for OUI, it is now suspended for some other reason and therefore, the 60 day minimum mandatory jail does not apply. That may or may not fly. Make sure you get a good attorney. I have beat this charge many times, but it is not easy.
Lewin & Lewin | Robert D. Lewin
If the police charged you with operating after suspension of your license where the suspension was the result of a conviction for DUI then Massachusetts law mandates a 60 day mandatory minimum jail sentence and a maximum of 2 years. The law prohibits the suspension of the sentence to less than 60 days; in other words if convicted of that charge you must spend 60 days in jail. In addition your probation on the DWI case can be revoked and you can be sentenced up to 2 years on the DUI case.
DeVito & Visconti, PA
DeVito & Visconti, PA | John E DeVito
If you are stopped for Operating after Suspension after an OUIconviction in Massachusetts and your license suspension is for that OUI, you are facing a mandatory 60 days injail. If you were stopped for Operating after Suspension for refusing the breath testand it is a firstoffense you cannot be sentence tojail for more than 10 days. The 10 days is not mandatory, it can be suspended.Typically for first time OUI offenders the 30 day suspension is for failing the breath test; the 45 day suspension is for the OUI conviction. It is important that you have representation in this matter.