Property (land and house) owned by defunct non-profit organization-how to obtain the property? Posted on July 10, 2011

A property I am interested in was owned by a wildlife rehab organization (one person, with board members). It is deeded to the organization. The lady running the organization died over ten years ago, at that time the organization seems to have ceased to exist. Someone lived on the property until 1 1/2 years ago, they payed the property tax up to 1 1/2 years ago. They moved out because they did not want to pay for repairs and upkeep on a house they did not own. The county won't be taking it for back taxes until it is 4 years behind. They try to sell such property 2 years after that.
Question: Is there any legal way to obtain such a property, and would legal fees to do such be very high?