Paying a Fee 3 Answers as of October 18, 2010

Should I pay upfront costs for my idea that I submitted? I do not want to pay a fee then find out my idea is not approved. I have been speaking with a company and all they want is my payment to start working on it.

Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
It appears you want a guarantee that your idea will make you a fortune before you spend a dime. It doesn't work like that. If you believe in your idea then spend the money to protect it with a patent. However I would not spend one red cent to a company that promises to introduce your idea to the market and make you all sorts of money.
Kafantaris Law Group
Kafantaris Law Group | Theo Kafantaris
You should be skeptical if you are using an invention submission company. I suggest you find a patent attorney and ask him what direction you should take with respect to your invention.
Devon & Associates
Devon & Associates | Marcia A. Devon
It depends on what kind of company. Is it someone is helping you make a prototype? You must expect to spend money making a working prototype and filing your patent application. If it is one of those invention marketing companies, do not give them any money.