On November 16th, 2010 I was in class working for the culinary Art department. We had gathered the ingredients together 1 Answers as of January 05, 2011

On November 16th, 2010 I was in class working for the culinary Art department. We had gathered the ingredients together and placed them in one of the industrial size dough mixers unfortunately not one of the mixers without the guardrail. I went to check the texture of the dough and the student next to must of accidentally turned the machine on, in talking to her afterwards she is not sure what happened if her hand slipped or if she was just confused. We were quite anxious to achieve to project set to task for our group. My hand was fractured in two or three spots from what the hospital told me. I have tried to get assistance from the Umpqua Community College were the accident had happened; but no one there has been able to assist me in repairing my hand.

Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC | Travis Prestwich
You have potential claims against the student for turning the mixer on. Although those claims seldom are practical. You may also have a claim against the school and/or the manufacturer if the device should have been equipped with some sort of guardrail. They can be difficult cases because the cost of pursuing the claim often exceeds its value. You will want to speak with a personal injury attorney about your prospects.