On entry to the US can you submit a I-539 immediately due to immigration limiting an I-94 to a one month stay? 1 Answers as of February 16, 2011

On entry to the US can you submit a I-539 immediately due to immigration limiting an I-94 to a one month stay? The advised submission time is currently 45 days. In relation to this, if you are also unsure as to whether the B2 visa you are requesting an extension for is nearing your 180 day limit, are you still entitled to submit a I-539 or will this result in a permanent or partial ban into America in the future due to the fact you will possibly staying over 180 days whilst your I-539 is processing?

Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
I'm not sure I understand your question, but any I-539 extension must be filed before the expiration of the I-94 NOT the B visa. The visa dates relate to when and for how long a person can enter. It is the I-94 which controls your stay in the U.S.