My wife is being deported because of her convictions for passing bad checks, will my children be deported with her? 2 Answers as of June 13, 2011

My wife arrived in the US on a K-1 visa with our 2 children as K-2. 1 is my biological child, 1 is not. Now she is being deported for having 2 convictions of Crimes of Moral Turpitude. She wants our children to go with her, because she sees them as a way to get money from me. Our kids are ages 8 & 7, and they only speak English. I want our kids here, so I can provide for them, make sure they get their education, and when their of age make their own choice about where they want to live. Will the government take them from me and send them with her? And is there anything I can do to stop them from leaving?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Government is aiming at her only. Your children will not be in jeopardy. If you think you can ake care of your children, your children will not be your concern.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/13/2011
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
File a family law petition in your jurisdiction and ask a Judge to give you some orders. In my jurisdictions, Judge will do that.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: