my vehicle was recently reposessed - i had to give it they were threatning to throw me in jail - what are my rights rega 2 Answers as of October 28, 2010

Can you assist me with more information regarding my vehicle that was repossessed? I did not even know about anything since I was with a debt councilor (who cancelled my application without me knowing). The car had to be left at the office & now they are driving my car. Can you assist me or know of an attorney local that might be able to help please? Really need help urgently. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
Contact a Fair Debt Collection attorney for a consultation as to whether you have a case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/28/2010
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
I suggest that you contact your lender for more information about who repossessed your car and why it was repossessed. I assume that you have a past due unpaid balance. If you are interested in getting your car back, you should contact your lender immediately to see if any payment arrangements can be made. If you believe that your car was repossessed wrongfully, you should contact an attorney and explain why you thing the repossession was wrongful. He or she can then advise you if you have any right to get the car back.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/27/2010
Click to View More Answers: