My uncle's visa expired what does he need to do to renew it? 4 Answers as of June 26, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Bijal Jani | Bijal Jani
The answer depends on what kind of a visa he had. Most likely, he should leave the country immediately to show his good faith, and then file an application based on relative or employment sponsorship.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 10/24/2012
Law Office of Grady G Gauthier | Grady G Gauthier
If you are referring to the visa in his passport he needs to renew at the US Consulate in his home country. If you are referring to his I-94 card then he needs to submit the appropriate form and information to extend his status in the US.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/24/2012
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
If it is an entry visa, he will need to renew it at the Embassy where he obtained it.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 10/24/2012
Law Office of Rebecca White
Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
That will depend upon the type of visa he has.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/26/2013
Click to View More Answers: