My step dad murdered my mom and fled the county took nearly 20 years to issue warrant could that be a lawsuit? 8 Answers as of April 15, 2013

This happen in 1991 and I brought it to their attention in 2008 the DA (same DA from 1991) and sheriff played the blame pointing the finger at each of their depts, even then they refused to get warrant issued in Mexico I had to go to the Media before county agreed to pay for the translation of warrant to be issued in Mexico. In 2009 he was finally extradited and sentenced to life nearly 20 years later. I just wondering is there a lawsuit there for their negligence. FYI In 2010, this same DA was found guilty of spending forfeited funds on bonuses his staff and sending himself and others to legal conferences in Hawaii.

This is not the forum for your question, I suggest discussing your claim with counsel who specializes in that limited area of the civil law spectrum.
Law Offices of Marshall Tauber
Law Offices of Marshall Tauber | Marshall Tauber
You need to contact a lawyer that specializes in civil rights cases against local governments.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
There can only be a law suit if you suffered economic harm. They delay in prosecution did not harm you personally. Therefore, there is no law suit.
Law Office of James A Schoenberger
Law Office of James A Schoenberger | James A Schoenberger
Civil Q, not criminal. Pls post in the appropriate forum.
Probably not because he has a great deal of immunity for his actions.