My spine was messed up from an auto accident will I be compensated for that and if so how much? 22 Answers as of April 29, 2013

I was hit from behind and knocked into the car in front of me. My chiropractor told me that my spine is out of line and I will have to get extensive therapy to get it right again.

Your case is worth what you can prove that you lost due to this horrific accident. If you were so badly hurt, you would need surgery, orthodontics, etc. Juries and insurance companies do not give a lot of weight to chiropractic treatment, so unless your doctor is one heck-of-a witness in court, do not get your hopes up. I recently hit an insurance company for over $300K for chiropractic bills; from personal experience, I can tell you that it is totally dependent upon the skills as a witness that your doctor possesses.
Be careful what chiro says. Many of them will tell you your spine is messed up and you will require their service for life. Get checked out in an orthopedic office to be sure of your health. If you have a serious injury get you a serious lawyer to help you.
Generally speaking you can collect for all your personal injuries caused by the impact, as well as various other items of damages. You would be well-advised to get a lawyer to represent your interests in gaining the largest possible settlement or, if necessary, judgment.
Timiney Law Firm
Timiney Law Firm | Leigh Anne Timiney
I am sorry to hear about your accident. When you are injured in an auto accident and another driver is at fault, you can make an injury claim with the at fault driver's insurance company for compensation for the injuries you suffered. In an injury claim, you are entitled to compensation for your medical damages, which include your medical bills and any out of pocket medical expenses you may have. You are also entitled to compensation for any lost wages from missed time from work and for your pain and suffering. Without knowing many specifics about your case it is impossible to give you a dollar value of your claim. Injury claims are based in part on the type of injury your suffered, the type and duration of your treatment, whether or not you have a permanent injury and what your medical bills are. It sounds like you may just be beginning your treatment so a lot of this may be unknown to you. I would caution you that insurance companies look down on chiropractic care and often times will not reimburse for a significant amount of chiropractic treatment, meaning probably 8 to 12 weeks maximum. I would strongly suggest you contact a personal injury attorney in your area.
Lahmani Law | Nicole Lahmani
Absolutely. You need an attorney who can help you through this process, speak to the insurance company, and get you evaluated by the proper doctors. How much compensation you receive will depend on the policy limits of the other driver, your own insurance, and who your lawyer is. I would be happy to help you through this.
    Frank Law Group, P.C.
    Frank Law Group, P.C. | Brett E. Rosenthal
    At this stage there is no way to determine the value of your case because sounds like your medical provider is not sure what injuries you suffered and the severity of the injury. Until you treat and return to pre-accident status or one of your physicians tells you that you have permanent injuries caused by the auto accident, then, and only then, are you in a position to evaluate the value of the claim. Make sure you follow the recommendations of your doctors or other health care providers and you don't any significant gaps in your treatment. Also, do not give a recorded statement to the adverse insurance company as that can only be used against you. Should you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact me to discuss at the number below.
    The Law Offices of Mark Wm. Hofgard, Esq.
    The Law Offices of Mark Wm. Hofgard, Esq. | Mark William Hofgard
    The driver of the car that hit you is probably negligent, and you may have a claim for damages resulting from the accident. You should see a physician to obtain a medical opinion of your injuries. Get a copy of the police report so that you can document the accident and who is at fault. A claim can be made against the driver's insurance policy. While you can do this yourself, working with an attorney may help to increase the settlement. If you do not settle your case, you must your lawsuit in Arizona within two years of the accident, or you will lose your rights.
    Johnson & Johnson Law Firm, PLLC | Richard Johnson
    You're entitled to claim injury-related medical / chiropractic expenses, lost earnings / loss of earnings capacity, and any other out of pockets. You're entitled to claim for the nature and extent of the injuries sustained, pain, suffering, disability and loss of enjoyment of life activities. The overall value of the claim is dependent on multiple factors that have to be evaluated at the conclusion of your course of medical treatment, including will you have a full recovery from the injuries, or will you have a life long impairment / disability? If so, what is the severity residual? How will that affect your life activities?
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    You have a good claim. The value depends on the amount of treatment, the cost and the permanancy rating your doctor gives. Keep in mind the insurance company will offer you only a small percentage of the value if you don't have an attorney.
    The Law Offices of Barry Regar | Barry Regar
    You will be compensated if you either settle your claim with the negligent party or their insurance company or file a lawsuit against the negligent party or parties within 2 years of the date of the accident. If you don't do either one, you will lose your legal rights regarding this accident. You should consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer to have your legal rights and obligations explained to you. Remember insurance adjusters are not your friend and they will most often not offer you a reasonable sum to settle your case.
    Kram & Wooster, P.S. | Richard H. Wooster
    From your description of the accident it sounds like liability will be uncontested. The value of your claim depends upon a number of factors such as the type of treatment you will need, your employment and employment history, the impact of the injury upon your employment and future employment, when you reach maximum medical improvement, to name just a few issues. The amount you receive may depend on the amount of insurance the other party had at the time of the accident and the amount of your underinsured motorists coverage. Sometimes people are very seriously injured, but the other party has no insurance or very little coverage and no assets so there is no money to pay the claim.
    Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
    You need to see a P/I attorney at once.
    Meyer & Kiss, LLC
    Meyer & Kiss, LLC | Louis J. Meyer
    Yes you will be compensated. You need to find an attorney right away. The amount of compensation will depend upon your medical bills, lost wages, future medical bills.
    The Smalley Law Firm, LLC | Cary Smalley
    It sounds like you should be able to receive compensation. I suggest you consult with an attorney to discuss the specific details of your accident and your medical treatment and bills. I offer a free consultation.
    Matthew D Kaplan LLC
    Matthew D Kaplan LLC | Matthew D Kaplan
    You need to retain an attorney.
    Pearson & Associates
    Pearson & Associates | Gary Pearson
    A good attorney can get you a top dollar settlement. On your own they will buy you off for pennies on the dollar. You don't know how to value a case and you don't have the ability to take them to Court.
    Magnuson Lowell P.S.
    Magnuson Lowell P.S. | Richard S. Lowell
    You should certainly be compensated. But it will probably take a quality coordinated effort between your chiropractor and a personal injury attorney.You should contact a personal injury attorney who can assist you and work with your chiropractor to properly document your claim and get you the best compensation to which you are entitled.
    DEHNADI & CONLEY, LLP
    DEHNADI & CONLEY, LLP | Ted Conley
    You will always be compensated for "reasonable" expenses associated with medical care, assuming negligence can be proven as to the other driver. What is "reasonable" is the ultimate question. You really should talk to a lawyer regarding all of the facts surrounding your claim and have an MD look at you to determine what treatment is needed rather than taking the sole advice of a chiropractor.
    W Morris Taylor, PC | W Morris Taylor
    Your recovery depends on a lot of factors: fault,solvency of the tort feasor, insurance coverage. causation of your injuries & permancy. Amount of medical bills & bills actually paid is a big issue Serious injuries always require the expertise of a good personal injury attorney.
    Common car accident. You can recover for all of your injuries.
    If this is a Michigan question, your insurance company will be liable for your medical expenses. Only of your injuries are above the threshold with you have the ability to sue either of the other involved drivers. I would suggest that you see an attorney .