My son was charged with a vc14610, what happens? 7 Answers as of November 16, 2010

My son was at college and got a vc14610. What is gonna happen to him?

He will be given a future court date at which he or an attorney needs to appear. On misdemeanors, if you have an attorney you do not need to appear. He needs to enter a plea of not guilty, look at the discovery (police reports), and decide whether he want to plead to whatever deal is offered, go to trial, or continue the case for whatever reason.

It's hard to advise more specifically than that without knowing the details of the case.
Law Office of Marc K. Herbert
Law Office of Marc K. Herbert | Marc K. Herbert
VC 14610 involves the use of a fake drivers license.

Under California law, your son may be charged with a misdemeanor, which can involve 5 years of informal probation, 180 jail, and fees totaling about $3,000.00, in Court. Usually, this charge can be settled for lesser probation terms, depending on the practices of your local courts.

There may also be penalties from the DMV, such as a suspension or restriction of his driving privilege.

With so much at stake, you should contact a local attorney to advise you about your options.

If you have any other questions, please call my office.
He is going to be prosecuted for a criminal misdemeanor, punishable by up to 6 months in jail and $1000 fine. What actually happens will be up to his attorney in negotiations with the DA, and will be based upon all the facts, and his rap sheet. If this is in Southern California, and he is serious about getting counsel to represent him, feel free to contact me.
Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law
Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law | Alanna D. Coopersmith
I think you mean 14601, driving on a suspended license. He should definitely do what it takes to get his license back. When he presents a driver's license, he will get the best result.
It would most likely depend on which section of VC 14610 he was charged with (ie. subsection
1, subsection 2, etc.).
    The prosecutor will probably file it as a misdemeanor. Hire a lawyer to try to get it knocked down to an infraction.