My sister was collided into by another car while driving on a suspended license in Massachusetts. Is something going to happen to her? 2 Answers as of January 28, 2011

My sister was in a wreck that was not her fault, but she has a suspended license and has foolishly been driving on it. What are the consequences she will have to face for this, if any? Last week, she was rear-ended while picking up her boyfriend from work.

The Law Offices of Jason Chan
The Law Offices of Jason Chan | Jason Chan
Depends on what she is being charged with. I would tell her to contact an attorney right away.
Law Office of Joseph Lamy
Law Office of Joseph Lamy | Joseph Lamy
If the police did not arrest your sister for driving on a suspended license at the scene, then it is very unlikely that she will be in trouble. The fact that her license was suspended will not have any bearing on the determination of fault in the accident. If she was not at fault (for either accident) then the at fault driver will have to pay for her property damage and potential injury claims.

This is a problem that she should address immediately, however, as driving on a suspended license is an arrestable offense.