My second mortgage has withdrawn their cross-claim, what does that mean? 5 Answers as of July 14, 2013

My house was in foreclosure. I have just signed a loan modification, and the foreclosure was dismissed. Now, the holder of my second mortgage has withdrawn their cross-claim. What does that mean for me?

Benson Law Firm
Benson Law Firm | David Benson
Hard to know without knowing what the cross-claim is and what the factual background of your case was.
It sounds like you no longer have any litigation proceedings but that does not mean you don't still owe the second mortgage. You should try to modify or settle that as well.
Mark S Cherry, Attorney at Law, PC
Mark S Cherry, Attorney at Law, PC | Mark Cherry
They were a junior lien on the action and a named defendant. If they refile they will do so as a plaintiff. You should try to modify or settle with them as well?
Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
I really need more information, but I'm guessing that the first mortgagee filed an action for foreclosure that included the second mortgagee as a defendant. The second mortgagee then answered and filed a cross-complaint to foreclose its mortgage in the same action. So when you entered into the modification agreement, the first mortgagee dismissed its action. Apparently you are not behind in payments on the second, so the second mortgagee dismissed its cross-complaint.
Wellman Law LLC
Wellman Law LLC | Keith A. Wellman
That's just so the case can be closed. When you file a cross claim you are essentially filing a case within a case and they have no reason to continue if the foreclosure action has been dismissed.