My pay got dropped from $8.40 to $7.78 is this legal? 6 Answers as of August 06, 2013

I quit my job and they want to punish me for it. I already worked for that $8.40 an hour. How can they do that? It's a private owned fast food.

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
They can pay you what they want as long as it is minimum wage or above. You indicate you quit and now they are taking you back at less pay. They can do that.
Burton Employment Law | Jocelyn Burton
With limited exceptions for some younger workers, all California employers are required to pay at least the minimum wage of $8.00 an hour. You should consult with a lawyer immediately.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
A GA employer may pay you anything they wish, so long as is it minimum wage or more. If you do not agree to the change, your remedy is to find a new job.
Your employer has the right to offer you any wage as long as it is lit at least the minimum wage. If you do not to work for the offered wage that is your option and you can quit.
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
In Wisconsin, if you were being paid $8.40, then after quitting they reduced your pay, that may well be illegal. I would need more information to evaluate further, but there is a Wage Claim Division of the Wisconsin Dept of Workforce Development you can file a complaint with.
    Law Offce of Richard N. Grey | Richard N. Grey
    California minimum wage is now $8.00 an hour. Check with the California Labor Commissioner's Office, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement ("DLSE").