My name was taken off the lease, what are my rights? 2 Answers as of June 22, 2015

Without my knowledge my landlord took my name off the lease and kept my room mates on. My room mate relayed the information, said they would rather have only one name in case i up and leave (like her last room mate) They can still get full rent from my room mate without having to go through court trying to get my half of the rent. I don't really mind this, so I have the option to move if i feel like it. However, I have no proof of living costs or address now. And something about that makes me feel like I'm being set up or I can be forced to leave. I'm confused and it isn't sitting right with me. Is this normal?

James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Generally this makes you your room mates subtenant on a month-to-month lease To get you to move your room mate has to give you a 30 day notice to quit (7 days if you are behind in rent) and then take you to court if you do not move (or pay if the 7 day and you are behind). My biggest concern would be was there a security deposit and did you contribute to it? If so she owes you those funds and you need that in writing.
It is odd, as landlords generally want as many persons as possible to be liable for the rent.