My mom could apply for me to become a citizen? 7 Answers as of May 24, 2011

I came to the US 3 years ago. I still live here. My mom is an American citizen. I came from Italy. I'm 26 years old and single. Can she apply for me? I really need someone that could help me in this case because I don't know what my options are. Please help me.

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
You mother can petition for you. Please call me. We offer payment plans with no interest.
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
You have not stated your immigration status. It makes a difference whether you have been legally living in the USA for three years, or whether you overstayed your visa status. When you have been a permanent resident of the USA for five years, you are eligible to apply for US citizenship. Since you are an adult, you do this for yourself, not through your mother.
Yes you Mom can always apply for you but you will not get a green card right away because you are over the age of 21. You will have to wait until your visa becomes available in order to file for the green card. When you turned 21, you stopped being an immediate relative of USC. Because of that, you are now a 1st preference category applicant. Right now the State department has visas available for applicants in your category who filed around May 2004. If you are from Mexico you are looking at March 1993. Good luck!
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
Your mother can apply for you. If you are unmarried, you will fall under the First Preference category for family immigration. There are 23,400 visas allocated to this category annually. If you are married, you will fall under the third preference category. There are 23,400 visas allocated to this category also. What this means is that there may be a waiting period for your priority date to become current. I recommend speaking with an immigration attorney about your case to determine what your options are. Best wishes.
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
Yes, your mother can petition for you but it will take several years before you are eligible to finish the process. Alternatively, if you marry a US citizen in the future, then you could seek a green card immediately. Best of luck to you.
    It depends on your immigration status. If you came without inspection, or overstay, you will be in trouble. If not, yes, your mother can petition for you.
    Yes your mom could sponsor for you but as you are over 21yrs old you would fall into the 1st preference category. This means apart form it taking at least a few years for your visa number to become current; you cannot adjust your status in the U.S. As you are currently out of status.