Can I get a license in another state? 6 Answers as of July 02, 2013

My driver's license is revoked in Michigan due to DUI offenses. I was told I can go to another state like Texas, show them my birth certificate and get a license in that state. Is that true?

Lewis & Dickstein, P.L.L.C.
Lewis & Dickstein, P.L.L.C. | Loren Dickstein
No, you cannot obtain a driver's license in another state. All states honor all other state's suspensions and revokations. Hire a Michigan driver's license restoration attorney to help you re-obtain your driving privileges.
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC | Jacob Peter Sartz IV
Generally speaking, most states honor the driving records of other states through "reciprocity." Most states will do a search of other states, especially if you disclose that you lived in that state. However, there are some situations where one state, for whatever reason, will either not honor or check a person's history in other states. Obviously, you'll get in trouble if you misrepresent your history if questioned when applying for a license in another state. However, there have been unusual circumstances involving people obtaining different types of licenses in other states even though they had bad records in Michigan.
The other States usually ask if you have a license elsewhere and the status of it. They may not issue you a license because of the DUIs. They would not want you on the road either. If you lie you can be prosecuted criminally for it.
It is not true. Texas will look to your Michigan driver's record before issuing you a license.
What you describe is not likely. Most, if not all states require that you clear your license in your home state before they will issue one. I hope that this was helpful.