My husband was on probation for a DUI and did not finish, a warrant was issued about three years ago, what should we do? 10 Answers as of August 12, 2013

We want to get this resolved but prefer to without jail time. I'm sickly and he is my caretaker.

Law Office of Thomas C. Phipps | Thomas C Phipps
He needs to hire an attorney. The attorney can get the warrant recalled and help to dispose of the case.
Retain an attorney, or have him turn himself in on the warrant.
ROBERT HAMBRICK Clearwater Criminal Defense Attorney
ROBERT HAMBRICK Clearwater Criminal Defense Attorney | ROBERT HAMBRICK
He must immediately turn himself in on the active warrant or he will live under the threat of the warrant being exorcised at the worst possible time. He needs to finish the requirements of the DUI and move forward with his life.
Unfortunately, the court does not care about your husband's domestic problems. You need to hire a lawyer to accompany him to court, turn himself in and face the judge, and explain why he failed to complete whatever he had been ordered to do. It is possible he will be held in jail, until the matter is resolved, or the judge may resolve it quickly, or you can post the required amount of bail.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Hire an attorney to handle the warrant.