My husband left me and he was paying my rent, can my landlord force me to move? 10 Answers as of June 26, 2013

If no one is paying rent why should you have a right to stay there? Your arguments would be with your husband, not the landlord, who is entitled to collect rent for the unit.
If you are behind on your rent, your landlord can evict you.
Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
You can apply to the court to have your spouse pay the rent, but in the absence of payment the landlord can evict you.
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
Yes. The landlord is entitled to rent. The rights of the landlord are not modified by any complications in your personal life.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
Unfortunately yes if the rent is not being paid. There are very specific procedures that must be followed, however. You should try to talk to your landlord before any noticed get served upon you and seek out resources for help to avoid an eviction. Even a filing on your record can cause serious damage to your rental history.
    The Krone Law Firm, LLC | Norman B. Krone
    The rent must be paid by someone or the landlord has a right to cause you to move out.
    Morelos Law Firm
    Morelos Law Firm | Andrea Morelos
    Your rights and liabilities would be governed by the terms of the lease. Some leases allow you to vacate so long as you give written notice (normally 30 but I have seen some for 60 and 90). But some very landlord friendly leases actually have a required initial term (usually 1 year) and you actually CANT vacate early EVEN if you give notice and lots of it. But from your question it actually sounds like you don't want to move, but you simply will now have trouble paying the rent. Unfortunately, unless your landlord is nice and wants to work with you, he/she is not obligated to just give you leniency on the rent even though your sudden financial constraints are not your fault. You didn't mention this, but you should actually start thinking about your rights at separation, such as spousal support and/or splitting of bills/debts, since having those addressed will eventually lead to a resolution of the apartment issue. You should consult with attorney right away to discuss such rights, especially if a separation agreement is not realistic and you are unfortunately looking at having to go to court
    Hilliard Law
    Hilliard Law | Attorney Martin G. Hilliard
    Yes, if rent is unpaid, your landlord can evict.
    Stuart P Gelberg
    Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
    Is your question: Can I be evicted if my landlord does get paid rent? Yes.
    Victor Varga | Victor Varga
    Sure...that has nothing to do with the landlord.