My husband knowingly filed taxes last year and his work permit expired. Can he get deported or a denial of our case? He is a Haitian immigrant. He had 3 Answers as of February 14, 2011

My husband knowingly filed taxes last year and his work permit expired. Can he get deported or a denial of our case? He is a Haitian immigrant. He had been denied before because his ex wife said it was a fraudulent marriage and we were denied according to 204 c. The board of appeals denied but he is thinking of retaining a lawyer to possibly reopen the case.

Your situation needs to be assessed by a lawyer. Feel free to contact us if you want to reopen the case.
He should hire a lawyer immediately.
Law Offices of Juan Dotson
Law Offices of Juan Dotson | Juan Dotson
Sounds like your husband is already deportable. He should consult with an attorney about his immigration case. He is complying with the law by filing a tax return every year. The United States government wants their share of his income, so he should continue to file with his ITIN.