My husband kicked me and my daughter out, can he legally change the locks? 1 Answers as of April 23, 2013

We have been having marital problems and we are going to divorce. He kicked me and my daughter out. He has changed the locks and keeps telling me via email that he did it legally, I have no right to our own daughter, and no right to his (and it is his solely) account. I still have a lot of things in the house. He knows I have no money and no one. What rights do I have?

Everything gained during the marriage is community property and he is playing the I have it and it is mine game. You need to get legal assistance, and get it now. The longer you wait and the longer you let him have control the worse this will be. As for changing the locks, it is legal to change the locks, but the question whether or not he can legally exclude you from the home. Without a court order, the answer is muddy at best, but no matter the answer, Judges do not smile upon such actions.