My husband is illegal and owes back child support, what are our options? Posted on June 24, 2011

My husband is illegal and owes almost $50,000 in back child support to the state because his ex wife was on welfare for 10 years. He is paying it through wage garnishment. We were married in 2003. If I file papers for him will it be harder because of this debt? Or easier? If they deport him or make him go back, then the state wouldn't be getting their money. How will this work? I am disabled and unable to work. If he has to go to Mexico we would lose everything. Any advice on the best thing to do would be so appreciated. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: