My husband has went to a divorce attorney I don’t agree with the custody arrangements do I need to get a lawyer? 8 Answers as of August 08, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Firm of Jessica M. Cotter, P.L.L.C. | Jessica M. Cotter
It is certainly in your best interest to be represented by an experienced family law attorney, to assist you in protecting your rights. Do not rely on information that your husband is telling you is advice from his attorney.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 8/8/2013
John Russo | John Russo
Why are you even ask this question? If you had severe pain would you ask if you need a doctor, medicine is for doctors, the law is for lawyers.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 8/8/2013
Gateway Legal Group | Christian J. Albut
You do not need to agree with the custody arraignment. You can always fight the arraignment in court if you do not agree. You may want to seek the advice of your own attorney. However, it is always best to keep in mind it is always best to try and agree on a compromise instead of a stranger making the decision for you. The court standard is what is in the best interest of the minor. You must remember the judge does not know your situation and will make a decision based on that standard. That may be what you want and it may not.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/8/2013
Law Office of Eric S. Lumberg | Eric S. Lumberg
Yes. You should be represented by an attorney as well so that your concerns and rights are protected.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/8/2013
Peggy M. Raddatz
Peggy M. Raddatz | Peggy M. Raddatz
That would be in your best interests to retain counsel.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 8/8/2013
Click to View More Answers: