My husband got his license suspended, but shouldn't have. How do we get it back? Posted on February 10, 2011

5 years ago, my husband loaned his car to his cousin. His cousin drove the car from Arkansas, where we live, to Texas, where we used to live, and in the process he got into a car accident. His cousin told my husband that he hit a tree. A few weeks later, my husband was pulled over by police for driving with a suspended license. We quickly learned that his cousin had not hit a tree, but actually hit a car, and he gave them my husbands old insurance info. The insurance company in Texas tried to get in contact with my Husband, but since we had moved he had changed insurance companies and didn't notify the old insurance company of the move, they were unable to reach my husband. Essentially, my husband is stuck with a suspended license even though he did not do anything wrong. The insurance company in Texas has handed the case over to a lawyer, but I don't think it should be against my husband. What can we do to get my husband his license back? The lawyer from the insurance company will not answer our calls.