My husband and I have been looking into fixing his "papers" and I'm hoping to hear some good news, how do we proceed? 8 Answers as of August 06, 2013

Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
Immigration laws and regulations regarding marriage-based adjustment of status applications can be pretty complex, and it is not surprising that you are unsure where to begin. Significantly more information about you and your husband is needed, however, in order to answer your question. Assuming that you are a U.S. citizen, that your husband entered the U.S. lawfully and with inspection, that your husband does not have a criminal arrest record that would stand in the way of eligibility, and other considerations too, the process could involve filing a Petition for Relative Alien along with an Application for Adjustment of Status, each with supporting documents; at no additional cost for filing fees, an Application for an Employment Authorization Document ("work permit") and, assuming eligibility, an Application for Advance Parole, also could be filed for benefits while the Adjustment of Status case is pending. The best way to proceed, however, would be to engage an immigration attorney to learn all of the relevant facts and then be able to advise about eligibilities, options and strategies. Some immigration law firms, including mine, offer legal services on a "flat fee" basis so that a client will know the total expense from the very beginning, and a few immigration law firms, including mine, offer an initial consultation free of charge.
On what basis? If he entered the US unlawfully, there is no way to fix his papers within the US under the current immigration laws.
LAW OFFICES OF S. OUYA MAINA | SAMUEL OUYA MAINA
Meet with an attorney to determine whether he is eligible to adjust status or will have to go through consular processing.
You should start by scheduling a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. There is a lot of information that is needed to determine how you will have to proceed.
Perez-Jenkins Law, LLC | Patricia Perez-Jenkins
You will need to talk to an immigration attorney as you do not provide enough information to determine how best to proceed. There are a lot of factors that go into applying for a spouse who is married to a US citizen.
    Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
    You will need to provide a lot more information about your own background and your husband's immigration history before you can fix your husband's immigration papers
    Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
    You should meet with an immigration attorney to discuss your options. Any new immigration laws could take months or years.
    Law Offices of N.J. SAEH PC | Noel J. Saleh
    The "good news" is that you have not provided enough information to give you "bad news" or "any news". Are you a U.S. citizen? Did your husband enter the USA legally? If yes to both of these questions, there is good news. You can file a combined I-130/I-485 package & your husband should be approved for his "green card" without too much problem. That is an example of questions that need to be asked.