How do I know if my divorce is finalized? 8 Answers as of February 14, 2012

My ex husband filed divorce papers six months ago. There was a judgement of dissolution of marriage, is divorce finalized?How do I know if my divorce is finalized? My ex filed for divorce or dissolution six months ago. I received fl 820 form today signed by commissioner does this mean its finalized?

Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
Yes, summary dissolutions are final upon the filing of form FL-820.
You will get a Judgment that shows date marital status terminates. Go to the court and pick up a copy if you don't have one. But the judgment will have a date that states when you are divorced.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
The judgment should say that it became final on a given date. If that isn't on the judgment, go to the courthouse and ask the Clerk to tell you if your divorce is final and what date it became final.
Attorney at Law | Dorinda Ohnstad
Yes, the judgment of dissolution is the granting of the divorce. Form FL-820 has a provision (paragraph 6) that states that the dissolution of marriage was granted and it will show the date it was granted then signed by the court commissioner. The date listed is the date that your divorce was final.
Most likely. When you receive a Notice of Entry of Judgment from the Court, the Summary Dissolution of Marriage will be complete.
    McCallum & McCallum | Barbara Eiland McCallum
    If the third part of form 820, i.e. Notice of Entry of Judgment is filled out, it will show the date of the dissolution, if that date has passed, it is finalized. Also, if the upper right hand corner has an Endorsed stamp, you are divorced. If the date on the Notice of Entry has not passed you have to wait for that date to be finalized.
    Given the information provided in your question, including that you said there is a "judgment of dissolution," and that form 820 has been signed by the court commissioner, then "yes," it sounds like your divorce is finalized. You can call the court clerk's office to confirm.
    Maclean Chung Law Firm
    Maclean Chung Law Firm | G. Thomas MacLean Jr.
    Yes, it is finalized.