My ex and I had a child and I want a sole custody of my child, can I get my child from her without having my child go into CPS and the legal system? 1 Answers as of February 01, 2017

My ex and I had a child and I want a sole custody of my child, can I get my child from her without having my child go into CPS and the legal system? See her prior children were taken as well as her parental rights from the courts in California and now we are separated and I want my child. I am the biological father. How do I go about getting sole custody without having my child in the CPS and foster care system? I have never had my parental rights taken away from me. Do I go about getting my child from her and file for sole custody? Does my past criminal record prevent me from getting my child?

Assuming there is no emergency on seeking these standard orders, you should file and serve a petition for paternity along with a request for order to establish custody and visitation. Please meet in experienced family law attorney to explore your options.