My credit union of 20 years is making an issue personal and its affecting our credit - do I have a case? Posted on March 30, 2011

We were recently in an accident where the insurance co. considered our vehicle total; we chose to keep the vehicle but needed endorsement from the lien holder which was the c.u. When speaking with new contact of 2 years she said she needed to get clearance from the board; she was never able to make any decisions. Sticking with facts, after an argument on March 23, 2011, our file was turned over to their attorney stating we had defaulted on our loan and that she had been unable to contact or receive any payments. This information is false and I have documents to support my statement. The letter from the attorney was dated the exact same day of the disagreement between myself and new contact at credit union. The attorney stated that he had our file before the accident but also told me in the same sentence that it was "irrelevant" for me to know the date he received the file. I stated to him that I saw my file personally when I visited the cu on March 16th and why no one stated anything about my file being in the attorney's office before the disagreement. I felt I should no longer speak with him because he was directed to do this by the credit union. Just some history, every vehicle I have ever purchased came through the credit union. When payments were late, I made sure to contact the credit union - they knew when I had economic hardships and never once did I not say I wouldn't pay with interest. I feel we have been stereotyped and discriminated based on our lifestyle and its unfair. Our credit is being affected by someone who is not qualified for the role they have taken. The attorney told me he does not know any banks or finance co. that would tolerate this type of delinquents and when he made that statement, I knew he was not told the truth. New contact at the credit union did not give us a fighting chance because she gave a false impression of us to their attorney and I can prove that. Also, my credit union is in Louisiana and we reside in TX.