My child's hand was stuck between an elevator door and the wall, what should I do? 4 Answers as of May 13, 2015

I was checking my 3 kids out if kids club at 24 hour fitness. My oldest kids was taking a long time to put in her shoes and there was other parents waiting to come in so I stepped out the kids club with my 2 kids to let the other parents check in there kids. While waiting with 2 other parents for my child to come out we all stood I front of the elevator which is across drink the kids club door. As we stood there the elevator doors open and my child hand was caught between the open door and the wall. What should I do?

Law Offices of Robert Burns
Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
I don't recall ever seeing such a thing. I would want to know the extent to which your kid was injured and have the elevator inspected for safety in design, manufacture, and operation. Get a lawyer to investigate unless the damages are minimal.
Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
It depends on if this was a normal opening and closing of the elevator. If there was no defect with the elevator then who did have the duty to supervise the child is the question ? This can be a tough case based on these facts. Next , if there are injuries the extent of which determine if a lawyer will be inclined to accept the case .
You don't say, so let's assume that there was an injury. You would have to prove negligent design. Better have a free conference with an injury lawyer.
Based upon how you present it, it is difficult to understand what the facts are. I do not understand how her hand could be trapped between the door of an elevator which recedes into the wall and the wall since there are no corners as the door goes flush into the wall. ?Please restate in better detail and language what did happen.