My boyfriend and I are planning to get married, but until then, can he become my son's legal guardian? Posted on February 20, 2011

My boyfriend is not my son's biological father, the bio-dad is on my son's birth certificate and refuses to give up his rights for now. My boyfriend and I will be living together shortly and are also planning to get married. Until that time, is there any way to get him some sort of legal guardianship of my son, without me having to give up my parental rights? I just want this so my boyfriend can make decisions on behalf of my child if I am not there or involved in a situation where a "parent" is needed but I am not available (I travel for my job). I currently live in CA, but am moving to TX to be with my boyfriend.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: