My bank account was hacked, what legal action can I take to get my money refunded? 1 Answers as of February 08, 2011

I live in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and back in August 2010, my online saving & checking acct was accessed by someone who transferred $1,200.00 from my savings acct to my checking acct. They then transferred $2,000.00 from my checking acct to an account at another bank. The IP address used to do these transactions originated in Nigeria, England and California. My bank is being uncooperative stating that my login and password were used to initiate these transactions. I continue to tell them that I did not authorize or know about these transactions. I have been going back and forth with the PA Dept of Banking and the bank to no avail. Is there anything legally I can do to make the bank refund my monies?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
If you can prove this facts, you probably have a case against the bank. One of the issues is that your password was used to access your accounts. You should report this to the FBI as it might be a ring.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 2/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: