My attorney is the mayor of the city he didn't help me and forces me to go to trial because is no deals, what can I do? 1 Answers as of February 17, 2017

I told my attorney that I don't want to go to trial because if I losses my sentence will be bigger I want to get a deal and he said the court don't offer deals and I have to go to trial. I told him my history of the case and he change it not to talk now I'm facing a DWAI 240 days of jail and 3 year of probation and I find out that he is the mayor of the city, I think he set me up to fail.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
You can always seek a new attorney and switch over to them the Court's normally allow continuances/ new court dates when there is a new lawyer. However, it is often true that DUI/DWAI offenses are not plea bargained very often if they are a second or third offense (which it sounds like yours might be). The fact the lawyer is the mayor of the city doesn't really mean anything as DUIs are prosecuted in state court, not municipal court.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 2/17/2017
Click to View More Answers: