My attorney just passed away today, what should I do as I have 4 lawsuits pending on the foreclosure of my house? 5 Answers as of February 13, 2013

Frank Law Group, P.C.
Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
Call another lawyer right away, someone who can take over the cases.
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
You could write a letter to the Judge and opposing counsel asking for time to get a new attorney. Then, you will need to have a new attorney file a substitution of attorney. I can give you some names, or you could contact the Nevada State Bar.
Richard L. Hirsh, P.C. | Richard L. Hirsh
Eventually you have to find another attorney to take over those cases. You should find out who is the person winding down his law practice so as to ensure that no defaults or deadlines are missed in your cases. I am certain that the judge in any case would continue the matters for you to obtain a new lawyer within a reasonable time.
Phyllis Voisenat, Esq.
Phyllis Voisenat, Esq. | Phyllis Voisenat
You need to immediately hire new counsel to get whatever extensions or continuances you need for the cases. Since it just happened it will take time before the attorney's family can deal with it. You might want to call your State Bar for assistance. And if you can't hire an attorney right away fax/mail a letter notifying opposing counsel and seek a stay and continuance. Send it with a proof of service signed by someone else so you have proof.
Alexander Law Firm
Alexander Law Firm | Adam Alexander
Review your retainer agreement. Also, If your lawyer is a member of a law firm, there is probably another attorney to take over. You always have the option to hire substitute counsel. However, if there is a balance that you owe your lawyer, that lawyer (or his/her estate) may have a lien on the files. If none of this helps you should contact the Court for each and every case. You are likely entitled to a stay of your proceedings until you find competent substitute counsel.